The Liebster Award #1
The blogosphere is becoming more crowded by the day. While that’s not a bad thing (who doesn’t love reading new content?) it is becoming more difficult to find and follow new bloggers,and for us to get our voices heard.That’s why I’m so happy that The Liebster Award exists.
What is The Liebster Award?
This online blog exists only on the Internet and is designed to give bloggers the chance to nominate other bloggers and spread the love. It dates back to 2011 – quite an achievement. You can find out more about The Liebster Award here and some details on the official rules – so take a look.
I was nominated by the lovely Dayna Lynn, who I have found to be one of the nicest and loveliest new bloggers I discovered. She is so supportive of new content and Instagram pictures – something I really think we need to be seeing more of given the impact of the Instagram update and being able to get our voices heard.
A favourite blog of mine
One blog that I find myself coming back to is La Coco Noire. I think Katie is absolutely gorgeous and her writing is so fresh and unique. Her photos are amazing and her tone of voice is so easy to read and relatable. I enjoy reading whatever she writes about, whether it’s travelling and food (two of my favourite things) or general lifestyle. She gives me so much wanderlust and really inspires me to travel more and see the world and get the most out of life. Please go and check her out!
I am supposed to provide 10 random facts about me. I’m not going to lie; this took me a long time. I tend to think I’m a fairly boring person…
- I put ketchup on most things, and many people find this weird. Is ketchup on pasta weird?
- I didn’t know you could buy a sofa on finance, and when I found out it changed my life.
- I have done two round the world trips with my family, each lasting a few months.
- I have a degree in Broadcast Journalism, but I once studied to be a doctor.
- Although I am renowned for my poor patience, I love kids and babies and my patience with them goes on endlessly.
- I once auditioned to be the next Blue Peter presenter.
- I have a private playlist on Spotify and listen to it over and over again every day.
- I have a tendency to dance in public, much to the embarrassment of my other half. I appear to have no shame.
- I prefer having a paper diary/calendar rather than one on my phone.
- I can’t do accent impressions.
1. For what in your life do you feel most grateful for?
The people. Over the past couple of years I have come to realise just how important it is to have the right people in my life. My friends, family, my other half – they all support me and give so much to me in a way I am so grateful for.
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love having an outlet for my creativity. Anything that I want to write about, I do. I pop a title in a drafts post and come back to it later. I also love the blogging community that is out there, particularly the support for smaller bloggers. As you get more followers and more “famous”, it’s difficult to see the grassroots of the blogosphere, but there is a lot of support and love out there.
3. What is your most prized possession?
I don’t really value my possessions that much; I know that’s probably bad to say but I’m very much of the mindset that they are just “things” and I’d rather have people around me. But if I had to pick I’d say my Fujifilm Instax camera. I whip it out every chance I get to snap some moments because I absolutely love making memories and looking back on pictures.
4. What is your favourite quote, and by whom?
I’m an absolute word junkie so it is almost impossible for me to choose one, but right now it has to be the closing line from one of my favourite books, The Great Gastby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
It seems to mean something different every time I come across it. It could mean we are trying to relive the past, recapture perfect moments that don’t exist, or it could be hopeful that we “beat on” and resiliently battling everything we face in life no matter what.
5. What are your top three places you’d like to travel?
I’ve done a lot of travelling but there are still destinations I would love to see…
- The Northern Lights
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans
6. What are you most passionate about?
Like question one, I am most passionate about the people in my life. I love to love them and make sure they are ok. I enjoy putting them first and doing things for them, whether it’s making them a coffee in the morning when they are still asleep or something bigger. I love to love!
7. Do you have a favourite movie? If so, what is it and why?
My favourite movies alternate all the time. They tend to swing between Disney’s Hercules and Tangled, and Mad Max: Fury Road. The Disney films because who doesn’t love a good Disney film? And I love the messages these ones send and the journey the characters go on. Mad Max because it’s a feminist film that kicks ass and is just an adrenaline thrill over and over.
8. What is your favourite hobby?
I love being outside. I know that’s not a hobby but anything that involves being outdoors I am 100% on board with. Whatever the weather and whatever we’re doing, I love to go outside and get very fidgety indoors.
9. What is your dream career?
Once I dropped my dreams of studying medicine, I never really had an ideal career in mind. I have moved into the digital marketing world right now and am a Content Manager by day. My goal is to develop a team and become a Head of Content one day or set up my own content agency or business.
10. Do you play any sports/instruments? If so, what?
I used to be a runner but was never very fast. I do a lot of yoga but other than that I’m not a super sporty person. I do play the piano, though, and love it.
11. What are your biggest fears?
I am absolutely petrified of clowns. It’s not even a minor fear; I was taken to see the new Stephen King IT film and was in tears within the first five minutes. It’s a deep rooted fear that makes me panic – no idea where it came from!
I suppose too, deep down – getting real here, guys – I have a fear of being left alone by those I love.
AndRubyMakesFour – Suzanne
Surrealistique – Britney
Kimpulsivity – Kim
Hannah Jayne – Hannah
OhHelloEllen – Ellen
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be, and why?
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- If you could visit any point in time, where would it be and why?
- What three scents do you love the most?
- Describe your perfect Sunday.
- What is your favourite book, and why?
- Which famous or little-known quote speaks to you most and why?
- What would you do with £1,000,000?
- What is your favourite colour, and why?
- What is your biggest goal/dream?